Awards and Coronets

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 29 07:50:56 PST 1995

> > I think that the desire to be King should be the goal of every fighter
> > in this Kingdom. (Since that is how King is decided.) I can understand
> > that not all of thm will want the recognition, but this is the ability
> > to be the best fighter in the Kingdom, not to be the best Knight.
> I'm not to sure who posted the above,

I did. And even with your post. I feel that even mercenary fighters
should desire to be King.

> but I have a question for them:  WHY??

Because it shows your superiority (sp). (I need to get a dictionary at
work atleast until I know how to spell every word I use. *grin*)

> I am a  mercenary fighter, my goal is to be recognized as a threat on the
> field of war.

You mean being a Count or Duke wouldn't help make you be more recognized
as a threat? I can't see how it could possibly not help your possition.

> I avoid tournaments as much as possible.

I can see, as a mercenary, avoiding the run of the mill tourny, but
winning Crown should only help if you won.

> There are lots of
> fighters who fight for the joy of it, they are not after anything but the
> respect of their peers.  Why should they want to be King??

This I concede to you. Fighting for the joy of fighting with nothing but
the joy of it in your heart would keep you from needing to prove you
were the best.

Ciao,

--
Richard Bainter          Mundanely     |    System Analyst        - OMG/CSD
Pug                      Generally     |    Applied Research Labs - U.Texas