Heraldry examples

ches at pentagon.io.com ches at pentagon.io.com
Thu Mar 30 17:51:40 PST 1995

---------------Original Message---------------

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995 ches at pentagon.io.com wrote:
  The main difference between us is that we are allowing new heraldic
> terms to be creatively invented.  We are trying to keep copyright infringments out
of
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure I follow you.  Can you give me a couple of examples?

Savian

----------End of Original Message----------

The main one of course is my dear husband, sigh, he got Douglas Adams to let him use
the planetoid looking thing.  My husband is known as Count Fnord Farthing VIII, (Bruce
Erikson in SCA), so he put eyes on the planetoid and now it is known as a Fnord
Rampant throughout the Amtgard world.  A green happy face with it's tounge sticking
out at you and it's thumbs in its ears.  Douglas Adams is one of the few arthors that
is laid back enough to not worry about copyrights.  I am not happy about the sci-fi
part of it, (sci-fi is not encouraged as part of our game), but we cannot say "no you
cannot do that" in this world.

An easier one is a Eagle.  Instead of a heraldic eagle we have one young man using
just the gold outline of the Eagle on a black background. It is similar to the outline
of the U.S. Postal Service one, except that it is not filled in with the gold but
rather left the same color as the background.

And as mentioned before by another post-er we also accept SCA heraldry that has been
passed without a problem.

Ciao
Sir Ches               Lady Chiara
Austin, Tx.            Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Duchy of Tirana
E-mail:Ches at io.com
       Ches at pentagon

A baby or two for me, all but two says boys. Due date Sept.3rd.