A&S lovers READ THIS!!!

Mark Harris mark_harris at riscgate.sps.mot.com
Fri Mar 31 17:25:12 PST 1995

        Reply to:   RE>>A&S lovers READ THIS!!!

Baroness Clarissa said:

<snip>

If there's a competition (for those that like
winning stuff) with the commenting thing (for those of us interested in
getting help to get better) that would be the best of both worlds?

This is what I was going to say, after reading your first comments above.
Yes, why can't we do both? You can even combine multiple ideas.

1) The populace places markers at those items it thinks deserve them, for
whatever reason.

2) A 'winner' or 'winners" are chosen by a particular set of judges.

3) comment sheets are available for the experienced people (these do not
have to be Laurels) to make suggestions. One of the hardest ideas to put
into practice.

4) Barons or royalty or whomever could present several artisans with
word-fame or some sort of prize. This could be asking them and their
significant other to join them at the headtable for feast, notice in
court or simply spending the time to seek them out and complement
or ask them about their work.

I'm not particularly fond of competitions. But then I don't care for
single winner elimination tournaments either. But I think they can be
combined with other elements that have a more medieval flair.

Stefan li Rous