KC

Robert G. Ferrell rferrell at bga.com
Tue May 30 16:35:43 PDT 1995

>I would be very pleased to see a King's College in Bryn Gwlad.  I attended one
>such (or something like it) some years ago.  Classes were offered in conjunc-
>tion with other activities in a church meeting hall.  Unfortunately, since it
>wasn't the focus of the event, the academic environment was diffused, and I
>didn't have much fun.  I think that doing it right means that it is the only
>thing going on at the event.
>
>I'd like to see a King's College organized around the three equal pillars of
>the SCA (fighting, A&S, and service).  As an A&S person, I'd love to sit in on
>sessions where experts in fighting and service could teach me their love for
>these other parts of the Dream.
>
>I concur with previous notes that a King's College need not be a kingdom-wide
>thing, and we should just do it here, and invite all who would attend.  I
>believe that we have the resources necessary.
>
>On a related note, I got messages suggesting I should contact Thomas of Tenby
>regarding the person I met who is an expert in period percussion.  I have been
>unable to reach him on the phone, and have left him two phone messages
>requesting a call back.  No answer.  Is it my deodorant?  I guess that when a
>real King's College starts being organized, I will bring my percussion expert
>to the attention of the committee member organizing A&S classes, and leave it
>at that...
>
>In service to the Dream,
>Thorbiorn Nordstrom, mka:
>                                          ____________
>     Gordon C. Fossum, Staff Programmer   \__________/   All opinions found in
>          3D Graphics Software Developer   \________/   this note come from me
>          Power Personal Systems Division   \______/   personally, and are not
>          internet:  fossum at austin.ibm.com   \____/   necessarily the opinions
>    (512) 838-1629 (Internal Tie Line: 678)   \__/   of anyone else in IBM nor
> International Business Machines Corporation   \/   the IBM corporation itself

Thorbiorn,
     Be patient.  Thomas will return your call when he can.  He is reliable,
but he has many other things to attend to.  Kingdom MoAS is a position where
a lot of people have problems they want you to solve, now, and they feel it
necessary to tell you about them often and in grisly detail.  Been there,
done that, didn't particularly enjoy it.
     If you'll give me your percussion expert's name and some way of
contacting her, I'll be glad to talk to her about the prospect of presenting
a class in our context.

Cheers,

Cynric