KC

fossum at austin.ibm.com fossum at austin.ibm.com
Tue May 30 05:17:49 PDT 1995

I would be very pleased to see a King's College in Bryn Gwlad.  I attended one
such (or something like it) some years ago.  Classes were offered in conjunc-
tion with other activities in a church meeting hall.  Unfortunately, since it
wasn't the focus of the event, the academic environment was diffused, and I
didn't have much fun.  I think that doing it right means that it is the only
thing going on at the event.

I'd like to see a King's College organized around the three equal pillars of
the SCA (fighting, A&S, and service).  As an A&S person, I'd love to sit in on
sessions where experts in fighting and service could teach me their love for
these other parts of the Dream.

I concur with previous notes that a King's College need not be a kingdom-wide
thing, and we should just do it here, and invite all who would attend.  I
believe that we have the resources necessary.

On a related note, I got messages suggesting I should contact Thomas of Tenby
regarding the person I met who is an expert in period percussion.  I have been
unable to reach him on the phone, and have left him two phone messages
requesting a call back.  No answer.  Is it my deodorant?  I guess that when a
real King's College starts being organized, I will bring my percussion expert
to the attention of the committee member organizing A&S classes, and leave it
at that...

In service to the Dream,
Thorbiorn Nordstrom, mka:
     Gordon C. Fossum, Staff Programmer   \__________/   All opinions found in
          3D Graphics Software Developer   \________/   this note come from me
          Power Personal Systems Division   \______/   personally, and are not
          internet:  fossum at austin.ibm.com   \____/   necessarily the opinions
    (512) 838-1629 (Internal Tie Line: 678)   \__/   of anyone else in IBM nor
 International Business Machines Corporation   \/   the IBM corporation itself