BlackStar Changes

R.Michael Litchfield litch at eden.com
Sat Nov 4 08:38:40 PST 1995

> JC> There are many things we could do to improve the ads in
> JC> the BlackStar --  some more likely to actually happen than others --
> JC> but that, I think, is  the point. We should be trying to IMPROVE the
> JC> BlackStar, not just chop  it's budget.
>
>If the SCA, Inc. were swimming in money, I'd agree.  It's not and the Black
>Star, for one, *could* get by on less.

I gotta quibble, the SCA inc. IS swimming in money, they will be operating at
a surplus of 10's of thousand at the end of FY. The Bod want's a 6mo
operating surplus. While I grudgingly agree that this is a responable
fiscal policy, I wonder if the comfort that that margin provides is worth
the inconvience to
the members such belt-tightening would call for, though the balckstar could
easily cut out a number of things (alternatively it could pursue
advertising more aggressively).

>Aodhan

-Mcihael