Shinai in Ansteorra

Ysoulde at aol.com Ysoulde at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 10:51:06 PST 1995

Shinai, as it was introduced to me by my then Knight Marshall, is a style of
Japanese fencing. Recreates samari fighting done without armor. The way I was
taught to fight it, is all out, no holds bared. I think it is a fun fighting
form and gives me, someone who does not wish to fight heavy or light,
something else to do. In the Principality of he Sun, they actually have an
award for it. I have noticed out here in the Western Region, that there are
many heavy fighters who enjoy it. And, also, a vew light fighters as well. It
gives you a great work out with a sword, and you don't have to armor up for
it. Well, the usual stuff such as groin protection, and chest protection for
us ladies, goes with out saying. So I was just wondering about opinions on
the matter..........

Ysoulde