Shinai in Ansteorra

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 14 11:00:33 PST 1995

> Shinai, as it was introduced to me by my then Knight Marshall, is a style of
> Japanese fencing. Recreates samari fighting done without armor. The way I was
> taught to fight it, is all out, no holds bared.

I think I see a *possible* problem. That being that it might be a
insurance nightmare for SCA, Inc. I imagine that if we had a fighting
style that didn't have any safety requirements that it would be more
difficult/expensive to get insurance. Of course I may misunderstand the
above statements, but I doubt it since I've known other people who have
done Japanese sword fighting.

As a fighting style, I think it would be great, but that might be
because of my desire to start doing martial arts of some form again.
(Mostly for good excercise.)

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"