Squires

lorraine stddly at SHSU.edu
Fri Nov 17 08:53:26 PST 1995

>>I hesitate to ask this, after the uproar I've created already, but being of a
>>inquisitive nature, I feel I must. How is it that, a Knight from the Outlands
>>may squire someone in our own fair Kingdom?
>>
>>Just want to know.....
>>
>>Ysoulde
>>Barony of Bonwicke
>
>There are no rules on squiring.  It is strictly a relationship between
>individuals and a knight may take anyone, in any kingdom, as a squire, even
>if they don't fight.
>

>Catherine

In fact Kief and I saw a gentle (Chang)  this weekend at the Mendersham event
who is squired to an Outlands Knight. This has no bearing on his ability as a
 fighter (in fact,he has very greatly improved) and as long as he lives up
to this
 kingdom's circle of belts and crown's opinion of what a knight should be and
should do and survive the rigerous ficklemindedness of the process he could be
knighted in our illustrious kingdom someday.

Point of Law (Corporea) - he could not be knighted  (or recieve any award)
by a the crown of another kindom from that which he lives unless the Crown
of the kindom in which he lives gives special permission.

Sorry if I sound a little cynical, watching the long drawnout birthing
process of
knighthood of late, especially when several of your friends are going through
it, clouds your vision a little.

Lorraine DeerSlayer