armourer's mailing list

Nan Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 20 06:12:21 PST 1995

>Good EVE all ( or morn as the case may be. )
>
> I am fairly new to the SCA ( only about 5-6 months in ) I am starting to
>get my stuff together to be a heavy fighter. I am a avid follower of the
>RIALTO(alt.org.sca - news group) and have seen just how much people like to
>talk about differnt ways of making armour in all its forms. and because I am
>one of the newer people who is asking lots of questions I thought , boy it
>would be great to have ARMOURERS mailing list, but there is none, well I am
>making one (as soon as I can get it up and running ( any one with the know
>how in this area please contact me as well ( I NEED HELP :) )))
>
> So if you are intested in being on list that talks about the armour and how
>to make it ( ok maybe some arms too :) ) let me know , and as soon as it is
>up and running you will be added.

You may e-mail Conor macCinneide, KSCA, OL, via me at the address in my
.sig.  Setting all bias aside for a moment <grin>, while he is not the most
*prolific* armourer in the kingdom, he is probably the best *active*
armourer and among the best in a wide area.  (If you ignore people like
Brian Thornbird and Roberto dela Monte for the moment, but then they *are*
far away <grin again>).  And, as many will confirm, he *loves* to talk
about armour. <ahem>

Catherine Harwell
Lady to Conor macCinneide, Knight of Ansteorra, Master of the Laurel
(Yeah, I like him; does it show? ;-))

...Navy Wings are made of Gold...
|Nan Bradford-Reid                  |If all good things must surely    |
|Department of English              |come to an end, humankind will    |
|The University of Texas at Austin  |surely continue.                  |
|n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu           |                                  |