Squires

Michael A. Chance mchance at crl.com
Sat Nov 25 11:00:35 PST 1995

Russell writes:

> Its pretty simple.  A Knight-Squire relationship is a personal one and
> not bounded by any Kingdom border.  It is fairly common to see a Squire
> to a "foreign" Knight.  This often happens because the Squire used to
> live in that other Kingdom, and moved.

Or if the knight and squire(s) in question happen to live near the
border of the two kingdoms.  Although such a situation hasn't existed
here for a while, it would be very easy to do where I live in St.
Louis.  The Missouri side is the Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir, and
the Illinois side is the Barony of Shattered Crystal, Midrealm.  There
have been several instances in past years of a knight in one group
taking a squire in the other.

Calontir and the Midrealm even have a treaty to address the issue of
those that live on one side of the border and play enough on the other
side to garner awards and recognition from the Crowns of that kingdom.
Individuals listed on the treaty (which is periodically updated) are
recognized by both Crowns as participants in both kingdoms, and
inclusion on the treaty constitutes prior notification for awards, so
that seperate permission isn't needed for each honor said individuals
might receive from the "foreign" monarchs.

Mikjal Annarbjorn
--
Michael A. Chance          St. Louis, Missouri, USA    "At play in the fields
Work: mc307a at sw1stc.sbc.com                             of St. Vidicon"
Play: mchance at crl.com