Kingdom Chirurgeon's Report

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Thu Nov 30 22:32:49 PST 1995

Greetings and Felicitations unto all this Holiday Season, from Lady Zahra
Zena Theanos, new Kingdom Chirurgeon.

My utmost thanks to Lady Penelope for her assistance in the changeover of
this office. I have already asked her to be my Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon,
for she is very dedicated to the goal of providing excellence in first-aid care.

 Due to Master Gabriel's rapid departure from our fair kingdom, I was unable
to secure a complete record of all the warrented Chirurgeons in Ansteorra.
As per December's Black Star, I must have my Roster Warrant ready at
Coronation to be put into effect.  If you believe yourself to be a warranted
Chirurgeon, please contact me post haste.  What records I do have are out of
date and if you have sent copies to a regional officer, please send me a
copy anyway.  Regionals, I must hear from you by Coronation, or I will
assume you are no longer active.

Please note, the minimum requirements for the office of Chirurgeon are as
follows:  First-Aid certification or Acceptable Alternative, CPR
certification, current SCA membership. These requirements come straight from
THE CHIRURGEONS' HANDBOOK which is now available from the Stock Clerk. I
also need correct names, addresses, and phone numbers (e-mail is a definite
plus!).

I will not be warranting anyone whose current certifications and membership
are not on file.

"V.A.3. Only Chirurgeons warranted in good standing can administer first-aid
at SCA events with the sanction of the SCA" - THE CHIRURGEONS' HANDBOOK,
@1992,1995 SCA,INC.

"Section 10:c.  No person shall represent themselves as a Chirurgeon without
authorization from the Kingdom Chirurgeon"- Laws of the Kingdom of
Ansteorra, October A.S. XXVII

I would like all Seneshals to take heed of the above quotes, as many are
confused as to who is or is not a Chirurgeon.  In addition to using the
warranting Roster, I will implement usage of an authorization card to
reflect the status of all Chirurgeons. I am also going to be distributing
the badges of office to all warranted Chirurgeons who do not have one.

In Service to the Society, Lady Zahra Zena Theanos

m.k.a. Vicki Marsh                  Phone:817/437-9661
       938 Thistle Ridge Lane       e-mail:zarazena at io.com
       Arlington, TX 76017