GoR who etc. . . .

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Wed Oct 4 21:00:18 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of LANGJ at mail.syntron.com to All]

 L> The reason for this condition, is that our current rules involving the
 L> Grants of Rank are a "relatively new development."
 L> In it's early days, Ansteorra used the system that it inherited from
 L> Atenveldt.
 L> Attenveldt gave no special precedence to Landed Nobility.  The first
 L> Ansteorran Crowns felt that this was an odd situation, and "routinely"
 L> (except when they forgot) gave a Grant with a territorial Barony.

Bran,

I had a feeling it was something like this, but I was a "newbie" back then and
so didn't catch all the nuances of things (plus I was a bit distracted by my
new job (just out of college) and new (first) wife).

Thanks for the historical perspective.

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable