Alternatives to NMS

ches at tristero.io.com ches at tristero.io.com
Thu Oct 26 23:10:54 PDT 1995

---------------Original Message---------------
> the size (and thus the cost) of _Blackstar_ in half.  Consider the following
> data taken from October newsletters (page counts include covers, but not
> unnumbered inserts):
>                          Events    Event          Total
>   Kingdom   | Branches | Oct-Mar | Flyers/Pages | Pages
>   ------------------------------------------------------
>   East      |     97   |    41   |   39/20      |   48
>   Ansteorra |     42   |    39   |   15/19      |   48

48 pages / 4 = 12 sheets

>   Middle    |    129   |    40   |   12/6       |   38

38 pages / 4 = 9.5 sheets ?

Since postage is based on multiples of 6 sheets, there is nothing saved
on postage. (Assuming standard paper stock on all 6 pages.)
----------End of Original Message----------

I am looking at my POP CHIVALRY for November, (24 pages, 11 x 17 sheets
folded into an 8.5 x 11 booklet), the postage is .55 for first class.  I feel this is a
waste of paper BUT it is on good clean paper, not slick, (can't recycle slick paper
here in this part of Louisiana), the fonts are huge, and they have two event flyers
per page.

Ciao
Ches
E-mail: Ches at io.com