Survey Questionnaire - Information Super Highway

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 27 07:11:36 PDT 1995

> If any of you have the time, please take a moment to print this out and
> complete it  and snail-mail it to the address at the bottom.

*smiles* It's Friday.

>>1.  In your own words briefly give your definition of the "Information Super Highway".

Some ficticeous place in far myth. If you don't know how to find it, get
an AOL disk, and never come back to the Internet.

>>2.  The Information Super Highway will be one seamless link between all
>>the nation's (or world's) people?
		False

There will always be elitest scum like me who try to get rid of such
institutions such as AOL.

>>3.  You need a personal computer and must be computer literate to get onto
>>the Information Super Highway?
		False

You need a computer, but see 1 for being literate/intelligent.

>>4.  The Internet is the Information Super Highway?
		False

"It's the Internet, Stupid" (C) Joel Furr or somebody.

>>5.  Subscriber packages such as CompuServe, Prodigy, America On-line...are
>>the Information Super Highway?
		False

They can be as far as I'm concerned. Just leave my Internet alone.

>>6.  The "tolls" on the Information Super Highway will only be affordable
>>to the Rich & Wealthy?
		False

Everyone can get a buttload of free AOL disks. The Internet will only be
available to the Intelligent and Clueful if I had my way.

>>7.  You will never be affected by the Information Super Highway unless you
>>choose to be?
		True

False. Idiots on AOL will get the FBI, US Customs and all sorts of other
people investigating really peculiar things. Hopefully they just keep
themselves busy over there.

>>8.  There will be too much information coming over the Information Super
>>Highway for me to ever use?
		True

Or you wouldn't need to ask me.

>>9.  The Information Super Highway uses interactive Multimedia?
		False

It uses wires and glass mostly.

>>10.  The Information Super Highway will create a world of hermits and loners?
		True

And they will all join chat thingies on AOL and commit suicide making
this a better life for those of us on the Internet.

>>11.  Part of the Information Super Highway will be 500 TV channels to watch?
		False

Part of it will be video, but it'll mostly be people staring at their
computer monitor. (ie. CuSeeme)

>>12.  Do you currently use the Information Super Highway?
		No

I can't get the gall to call AOL. Although I use the Internet Daily.

>>13.  If you were to use the Information Super Highway, what would you use it for.

To run over slower people.

>>14.  What do you think the Information Super Highway will be like in 20 years compared to what it is now?

Full of even more stupid stuff.

>>15.  Optional.  Please tell me your job title and briefly describe your duties.

My job title is Chronicler of Bryn Gwlad. I magically create the printed
word and send it via courier to members of this and other Barony monthly.
Besides that I participate in Alchemy making alcohol from simple fruits,
grains and spices.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"