Alternatives to NMS

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Fri Oct 27 21:18:11 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Deborah Sweet to All]

 DS> No maps does not mean no directions to the event! Instead of a poorly
 DS> drawn map, the East & West kingdoms (& probably others) provide
 DS> *written* directions to the event.

I guess I should have stated this, but I thought it was obvious.

 DS> While their newsletters won't win any awards for best artwork (which
 DS> consists of Warthaven for the most part), they have to include a lot
 DS> of  information, the *same* information, in each newsletter.

The monthly newsletter should not be a venue for best artwork (little of
which, even among the cover art, is of period style); the Arts & Sciences
Issue is the place for that.  The purpose of the monthly newsletter is to
disseminate information.

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable