Persian Mint Drink

MEASTMAN at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu MEASTMAN at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Mon Oct 30 17:34:02 PST 1995

	Okay, as promised, here is the recipe for the Persian Mint
Drink that we used to serve in the Two Sister's Tavern:

	4 cups sugar
	2 1/2 cups water
Bring above to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.  After simmering, add:
6 sprigs fresh or 1 tablespoon dry mint leaves.

Cool and store in sealed containers.

	Before drinking DILUTE 1 cup of the syrup
with 12 cups of ice water.

Note:  We usually put the mint leaves in a piece of cheesecloth
or equivalent so that the leaves would not clog up the spigot.  You
normally have to add a little more leaves to the simmered syrup if
you do this.
  Also, the ratio of water to syrup varied on taste, so try the
12:1, and if it's too strong, add more water;  too weak, add more
syrup.

Hope this is what you wanted,
Claryce