GoR: who has 'em in the RoP & why

lorraine stddly at SHSU.edu
Fri Sep 29 14:20:46 PDT 1995

>While perusing the RoP to look for those good gentles that had received
>a simple Grant of Arms, I've become slightly confused. Seeing as how
>*lots* of heralds are here, lets see if we can't unconfuse me.
>
>Awards with GoA: 1) There are simple Grants of Arms
>                 2) Iris of Merit
>                 3) Star of Merit
>                 4) White Scarf
>                 5) Centurion
>                 6) Court Barony
>                 7) Landed Baron/ess (who don't have one of the above
>                    awards)
>
>If someone receives number 2 - 5, and then becomes a baron (landed or
>court), there should not be a GoR listing in the RoP. Correct?

Don't understand what you mean. They would be listed as having both the 2-5
and a landed/court barony, no independant GoR.

>However, if a person receives a barony (court or landed) before
>receiving any of the 2-5 awards, should there not also be a GoR listing
>as well?

doesn't matter - they would be listed as recieving the l/c barony and then
the 2-5 and still no independant GoR/A.

>Ideally this is the way it's supposed to work, isn't it?
>
>Estrill

All awards presented should be listed in the OP if they are not that means
someone did not send in a report and that person should talk to his local
herald or send a copy of that award to Zodiacus.  All the awards you listed
carry GoAs, it is implied in the award and the GoA  should not be listed
seperately. Very occaisionally the Crown in our kingdom will award a simple
GoA or GoR these will be listed seperately. Now other kingdoms have
different award structures and some give simple GoAs and GoRs frequently.
Some kingdoms have no grant level awards. In some kingdoms Court Barony is
an AoA level award.

AoA level awards work the same way. If you recieve a Thistle, Commet, or
Crane and you haven't recieved an AoA yet the AoA is implied. You won't get
a seperate AoA designation unless some thing wierd happens and you get
bestowed an AoA without the higher award.

FYI Landed Barons/esses will be listed as recieving such and then if the
crown desires recieve a Court Barony when they step down. Their Court Barony
rank dates to the day they were awarded the Landed Barony.

Hope this answers your question,

Lorraine DeerSlayer