GoR: who has 'em in the RoP & why

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Sep 29 10:19:27 PDT 1995

While perusing the RoP to look for those good gentles that had received
a simple Grant of Arms, I've become slightly confused. Seeing as how
*lots* of heralds are here, lets see if we can't unconfuse me.

Awards with GoA: 1) There are simple Grants of Arms
                 2) Iris of Merit
                 3) Star of Merit
                 4) White Scarf
                 5) Centurion
                 6) Court Barony
                 7) Landed Baron/ess (who don't have one of the above
                    awards)

If someone receives number 2 - 5, and then becomes a baron (landed or
court), there should not be a GoR listing in the RoP. Correct?

However, if a person receives a barony (court or landed) before
receiving any of the 2-5 awards, should there not also be a GoR listing
as well?

Ideally this is the way it's supposed to work, isn't it?

Estrill