Copy of Zodiacus Report sent to Black Star

Deborah Sweet dssweet at Okway.okstate.edu
Thu Apr 4 06:34:33 PST 1996

Aodhan wrote:
>     Northern Region Tribute/A&S Collegium - Wiesenfeuer - 02/24/96
>Fiona Mac Seain - Sable Comet - ???
>Angus MacKnuckles - Sable Comet - ???

Brad Leah.

>     Candlemas - Bryn Gwlad - 02/03/96
>No Report Received

Lots of people on this forum talked about the awards they received at
this event, so there are definitely some from this event. (All I really
remember is that Pug got a thistle for brewing and several others as
well.)

>Oda Ito - Award of Arms

So just how close can a name be to a rather well known one from science
fiction before it falls afoul of some naming rule? One hopes that this
name has not been approved by the COA, seeing as how its the extremely
close name of everyone's favorite shapeshifter, Odo Ital. Of course, I'm
aware that *Odo* is itself a medieval name (Bishop Odo the uncle of
William the Bastard/Conqueror), but the name as listed above just made
me think Star Trek before thinking medieval.

Estrill