Ansteorran Rules Website Overhaul

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Thu Aug 1 10:13:53 PDT 1996

From:	MX%"ansteorra at eden.com"  1-AUG-1996 02:57:41.75
  To:	MX%"ansteorra at eden.com"
CC:
Subj:	Re: Ansteorran Rules Website Overhaul

 the kingdom just lost $1200 (those things cost $6
> to print).
- sorry it was actually $12000

>I'm behind, so excsuse me if this has been mentioned..

>they cost $6.... we charge $3.... a net loss of <scribble scribble> $3 per
>copy... but putting it on the net causes the kindom harm via lost revenue...

-ya missed the point- if there is a presumption of X demand and there are
-produced x copies to meet x demand and the info is available elsewhere
-for relatively free then we loose the cost of x

-This is just one alternative argument to why we should even tell the
-Kingdom office involved that documents they have produced have been
-placed in a forum that allows free access

>heck I just last teh kindom -$3 more, at this rate of loss it'll be rich :)

>now I'm at a loss...

>BTW. I always thought of the $3 charge as a token payment so nobody treat
>' em like scrap paper, you pay cash money so you treat it with respect
>instead of grabbing a couple every week...

-The documents produced by the Kingdom cost to copy and cost to mail
-Also occaisionally there is a surcharge that goes to support the
-office involved. This is needed because our Kingdom has no regular
-source of revenue. If we do not support some aspects of Kingdom
-offices we restrict the holding of those offices to those able
-to pay for them or those willing to go in debt for them.

>Caladin-

-hope this clears up what I was trying to say

-Lorraine