Texas Renaissance Festival

Steven L. Holt maxisdgn at netropolis.net
Sun Aug 4 12:56:32 PDT 1996

Greetings unto the Populace of Ansteorra from Lord Stefan von Drachenfels,

The opening weekend (October 5 & 6) of the Texas Renaissance Festival is
drawing closer.  If you are planning to attend and participate in the
activities in the SCA compound you need to get your request for passes in
quickly.  The Festival will run from October 5 to November 17.  Each weekend
will be sponsored by a group.  Each sponsoring group will be responsible for
furnishing a autocrat, a theme (if desired), a contingent of participants,
and coordinating with the other groups to see who will be attending on their
weekend.  If your group is interested in sponsoring a weekend (either by
yourself or in conjunction with another group), please let me know your
preference of dates.

If you wish to show up and participate, you need to get with your local
seneschal (or whomever they might appoint...please note that this person
will have to have e-mail access) and have them e-mail me a list with the
following information:

1.      Branch/Group requesting passes.
2.      Mundane and SCA name of person(s) requesting passes.
3.      What date(s) each person plans to attend.
4.      If space is available, do they wish to sleep upstairs in the compound?
5.      What activity does each person intend to take part in?  (A minimum
of two hours of participation are required to receive free admission, the
actual time will vary from this minimum based on the activity performed)
Some of the areas you can volunteer for are:  Fighting (Heavy/Light),
Marshaling, Demos, Waterbearing, Heraldry, Information Booth, etc.  A list
of "core" activities and their times will be posted later.

This information needs to be to me at least two weeks before you plan to
attend, PLEASE.  Passes will then be sent out to the seneschal or their
representative.  No passes will be sent to individuals!!!  Please note that
even if your group is sponsoring a weekend, your group representative is
only responsible for requesting passes for your people in your own group.
Each group will be requesting/handling passes only for their own populace.

The idea is for everyone to have a good time and at the same time promote
the SCA.  We no longer have the games to worry about, so we are looking for
people who can present the SCA (by doing those activities that normally
occur at a SCA event...fighting, arts and sciences, bardic, etc.) in a
positive light to the guests who come to TRF.

Please pass this information on, and if you have any questions please direct
them to me.  More information will follow.

In Service,

Lord Stefan von Drachenfels
TRF Liaison
maxisdgn at netropolis.net