SCA near Rice University?

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Aug 8 08:36:35 PDT 1996

At 09:13 AM 8/8/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I know there are other groups scattered around the Kingdom that have a
>definable starting point, and probably a charismatic leader, a household
>affiliation, or a gaming group.
>
>What I would like to know, is what was it about these origins that these
>people have in common?  Is it only a statisical percentage of the total
>groups that stayed active at such a high level? Or was there something else?
>
>Inquiring minds want to know. Those of you who are active (and not on your
>way to Pennsic already), I would love to hear from you what inspired you and
>has kept you in.
>
>Zahra Zena

Mooneshadowe was started by a group of gamers.  Master William Blackfox came
to OSU to attend a wargaming con in full SCA garb (he was ofcourse there to
play Kingmaker!!).  Later in spring of 79 a group attended the first
Aten-Middle war.
The group got started officailly that summer.  Of the original people at OSU
in 79 only 4 are still active.  Lord Amra in Steppes, Master Tarl in Namron,
Lord Valadonis in the wet i think, and myself.  The other 10 or so people
have drop out over the years.

Burke McCrory
Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
burkemc at ionet.net