SCA near Rice University?

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Thu Aug 8 09:03:06 PDT 1996

>Mooneshadowe was started by a group of gamers.  Master William Blackfox came
>to OSU to attend a wargaming con in full SCA garb (he was ofcourse there to
>play Kingmaker!!).

Interesting that you should mention Kingmaker.  I know that is a favorite
game of Sir Axel, Viscount Sir Galen of Bristol, Duke Seamus of the Cats,
and my own husband, Ld. Llywelyn Gruffydd of Elfsea.

I was introduced into the SCA by Michael Myriologos (m.k.a. Mike Hurst) and
Sir Dragomyr the Cossack, as we were all Security Guards or UT students
playing D&D.  In turn, I introduced Master Aymbros and Lady Katrina.

I know there was also a gaming group from the Bunker Hobby Shop in Copperas
Cove (first called Gwyndebourne, then later Middleford) that had Sir Sutan,
HL Nomaan  (My first husband), HL Gillian, and Ldy Rachel of the Black Forest.

This helps support one of my theories that RenFaires, Gaming Cons,
Universities, and Hobby stores are good place to invite newcomers to our ranks.

>Burke McCrory
>Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
>burkemc at ionet.net

Zahra Zena.....reminiscing about youthful energy.....