FOI vs SCA Privacy

ches at io.com ches at io.com
Wed Aug 14 17:56:07 PDT 1996

..o0*0o..

I just read your forwarded post from James to the S.C.A. list I am on. I
realise that the time may have passed but here is my observation.

My husband worked for a marketing company that specialized in mailing lists.
He was the one that ended up with the information the client got by whatever
means. 9 times out of 10 the disk was corrupt and information unrecoverable.
My husband concluded that the source of the information was the culprits
costing the client twice as much money to obtain the list. Usually after three
tries and three charges the client would normally give up on that portion of
the list. This is a malicious thing to resort to and if you do it delete this
letter so that no one can track it down to you. Use a bad disk or save it as a
mac file and label it as an IBM file or vice versa. (Many of the marketing
companies have not upgraded their equipment that badly!)

The other thing that you can do is to inform all your membership that this is
going to occur and why and give them a form letter asking that their name not
be place on the client's mailing list citing the protection law that many have
recently been using (sorry I do not remember the law). Let them sign it and
mail it to the client. They must follow through with the law for this to work.
It also applies to internet junk mail.

If you would like to write to my husband email me privately and I will foward
it to you.

Lady Chiara

Ciao   @}\
Ches @}----`--,-- http://www.io.com/~ches