Evolution of SCA: wasDrunk and Dis.

dentim at mail.myriad.net dentim at mail.myriad.net
Thu Dec 5 22:29:57 PST 1996

Greetings!
HE Sir  Galen  mused.....

>Heraldic display is more common.  A&S standards and standards of excellence
>in combat are much better.  Courts are far more grand.  Events are more
>elaborate.  Generally, things are much better today than they were, because
>we've all tried so hard to improve things.

Do you feel that these changes are more authentic than before. Obviously not
everyone has period pavilions and handstitched garb but overall,do you think
people are more educated than in the past?
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey,we are an educational organization! (At least the government thinks so!)

>Wanting to go back in time is big-fish-in-small-pond syndrome.  But what a
>big fish the me of today could have been then.

Been there, done that! (and I'm only 26!)

>--
>Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, CSM, etc.
>Paul Mitchell, pmitchel at flash.net / "noblesse oblige"
>http://www.flash.net/~pmitchel/galen.htm

timo

overheard at Melees:
     Marshall-in-charge: "the next battle will have no archers." (cheer!)
      anonymous fighter: "and no lefties!" (CHEER!!!)