Fighter Food!

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Mon Dec 9 21:16:33 PST 1996

>OK, this may sound like a goofy question, but ...
>
>What do you heavy fighters eat before practice/tourney/war?
>
>I've always had general energy level problems in athletics that I've
>combatted with diet/aerobic exercise regimens to varying degrees of success.
>Armored combat has been no different for me.
>
>So what do YOU eat on the day before/day of combat? Pasta? Peanut butter?
>Bean burrito? Carrots? Orange juice? Power bars? What quantities? What do
>you think of things like ginsing or that energy paste stuff that long
>distance runners use?
>
>Talk to me!

Normal food works fine for me. For quick-and-dirty munchies, I use my own
version of Gorp: 1/2 lb regular M&Ms
         1/2 lb cashews
         1-2 handfuls raisins
         a sprinkling of granola (I prefer Heartland, YMMV)

Mix and store it in a plastic Tuppereware-type container.

     -Tivar Moondragon

Oh yes, don't forget to drink lots.