Fighter Food!

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Wed Dec 11 22:42:22 PST 1996

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, maddie teller-kook wrote:

regarding blood pudding and blood pancakes....

> hmmmm....i've been thinking about tackling this as a project.....
> wonder where i can get the ingredients?
>
> meadhbh

Hey, like I said, just go puncture a cow.  Back home, cattle were too
precious just to butcher anytime you needed some hearty protein so blood
and milk were valuable by-products.  There's a vein in their necks that
works.  My grandmother always advised me to sing softly to the creatures
to sort of lull them, or just to talk gently in a random fashion -- I was
good at this, as you can guess, and so helped granny out often.  You take
with you a sharp pointy knife and a deep bowl or jug.  A quick puncture,
the blood spurts out, you catch it in the bowl (or whatever).  When you
have enough, apply a little pressure on the nick on the cow's neck, daub
a little mud or salve on there, and off you go, back to the round house
with your blood pudding ingredients.

Obviously, in beef-rich Ansteorra, there's not much call for blood
puddings, so this has become something of a lost art.  However, good
Mistress, if you're up for it, I can show you the technique.

Gods know it can't be as hard as gathering prickly pear fruit (insert
evil chuckle here).

And then, blood puddings and pancakes for all!

Mari

P.S.  I suppose you'll be bringing all your squires, Kein?