Shields

Michael A. Chance mchance at crl.com
Sun Dec 15 04:37:17 PST 1996

Earl Kein wrote:

> I have also noticed a slight disadvantage of a scutem. The bottom front
> corner can more easily be hooked.

I discovered another disadvantage when I lived in Bjornsborg and would
travel to Bryn Gwlad for fighter practice.  If the person using the
scutum is of averge height or taller, and their opponent is of smaller
stature (such as Viscount Galen, Duke Lloyd, or myself), the smaller
opponent can make him/herself effectively vanish by moving close in to
the shield side.  And woe to the person who tries looking around or
over their scutum to see just where there opponent has gone!

Mikjal Annarbjorn
--
Michael A. Chance          St. Louis, Missouri, USA    "At play in the fields
Work: mc307a at helios.sbc.com                             of St. Vidicon"
Play: mchance at crl.com