Fighter practice

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 16 21:11:44 PST 1996

Greetings, Cosyns,

Lyonel here.

What a grievous rectal angina.  First a cold rain Sunday morning drowns out
the bearpit mini-tourney I'd been looking forward to all week long.  Now
this Canadian lost weather threatens to wipe out Tuesday night's Bryn Gwlad
fighter practice.  Now more than ever, I need that second fighter practice.

So far, I haven't heard a forecast for Sunday that says the weather's still
going to be icky (and if they have, it doesn't matter; the meteorologists
can't guess beyond two days here, anyhow). You're all invited to our place
this Sunday (12/22/96) at 2 p.m. for fighter practice (armored, but if
anyone wants to engage in some duello, we have room). It should be warmer
than the Blondie Pharr park at night, anyway.  Pass it on to a friend who
doesn't have e-mail.

>>My place--7216-B Bethune Ave, corner of Bethune and Wilks.  Take I-35 to St.
>>Johns (St. Johns is the exit half-way between 183 and 290, where the new
>>Home Depot's located), go east to Carver, turn left, go one block and turn
>>right on Wilks.  I'm on the corner of Wilks and Bethune, driveway facing
>>Wilks.
>>
>>Sunday.  2 pm.
>>
>>Be there.  Fight. Once a week is not enough.
>>
>>  MAP
>>        ============|=====================================I-35
>>                    .
>>        ____________J______Bennett_______|__________________
>>                    o                    |
>>                    h                    |
>>                    n                    W
>>                    s                    i
>>        ____________|______Carver________l__________________
>>                    |                    k
>>                    |                    s
>>                    |                 ___|
>>                    |                | X |
>>        ____________|______Bethune___|___|__________________
>>                    |                    |

Aquilanne also again extends an invitation to all interested parties to come
over and throw pots on the wheel.  She says you have to play nice, clean up
after yourselves, and promise not to eat the clay.  Bring clay--Aquilanne
recommends Armadillo Clay's Cinco Blanco or (if you want to do some high
fire stuff) Dillo White.  Both varieties run about $12 to $14 per fifty
pound bag.

Until then, I remain

Yours in Virtual Service

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace