Peer Fear (was: Re: Peerage Stuff Re: Why I Hate Fencin

Caitrin3 at aol.com Caitrin3 at aol.com
Thu Dec 19 12:32:50 PST 1996

Kateryn,
I was once, absolutely terrified of the Crown.  These two people who rule our
Kingdom, sitting up there on thrones, surrounded by Their entourage and all
sorts of other important, powerful people coming up and conversing with Them.
I live a few blocks from Their current Mag's and this has made me realize how
truly human these people are.  I'm sure this goes for most, if not all crowns
and probably the Peers also.  Their Mag's have a great sense of humour, can
get wild and bawdy (I could tell you stories), love quiet moments, take
responsiblity serioulsy (sp?), love to meet people, love their kids (also
other people's kids), like to be creative, and, well you get my point,
they're people.  Sadly, as high muckety-mucks (affectionate nick name), they
don't always get the time to do the things they may wish, like talking to new
people.....I figure that is part of the price of being the Crown.  Don't let
it put you off.  Give them their due respect and courtesy (sp?) and remember
there is time to meet them.  They're only Crowns for six months.
Peers.......well get someone to introduce you.  You probably won't say much
to that person because you won't really know what to say.  But the next time
you see them, make a point of saying hi.  You don't need to strick up a
conversation discussing some in depth thing just because they're a Peer.
 After saying hi a few times, seeing them at different events, something will
come up to provide a conversation with that Peer.  You'll soon discover, that
they are humans also.  Have fun meeting people.  If you're like me, it just
gives you warm fuzzies (oh my, we could go places with that one) when someone
from a different place recognizes you, calls you by name and asks how you've
been.  That's family.
Lady Catrin Mac Cracken