vigil or not?

Martha Lee Nichols mnichols at tenet.edu
Thu Dec 19 15:55:03 PST 1996

Michael,
I have never been a protege nor have I in any way sought to become a
Pelican.  I did sort of fret about getting my AoA.  However, I was always
quite happy being a Lady and never thought I would advance much above
that.  You see, I have always been a member in an outlying area that was
chiefly ignored.  What I have done is to always act in the best interest
of my shire and the SCA in general.  I have worked hard and stayed out of
the Grapevine Guild.  Everywhere I move, there is a shire that is
comprised of 50% newbies because the activity level increases whenever
someone "gung-ho" moves in, and because my best friend is Ms Regina (the
recruiter from hell).  So, there is the constant battle of trying to
garb, train, and encourage these new people.  Michael, just do what is
right and honorable, and eventually the right people notice. I don't know
what else to say.  Thanks for the congratulations.
Marthe