Mead, Killing Yeast by Heating

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Dec 9 06:02:10 PST 1996

> If you try for 160 deg F and don't have a good way of monitoring and
> controlling your temperature, you're likely to drive off the alcohol you
> worked so hard to get in the first place!!

This being true, I would hope that any brewer trying this would have
good floating thermometer (sp). Although most mead, cider brewers, as
well as vintners, can get away without one. It seems that those who brew
beer can't since the way to get the best results is at certain
temperatures.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something