peer fear

Connie Carroll Connie.Carroll at eden.com
Sat Dec 28 18:05:09 PST 1996

This has been an interesting thread,but let's take it another way.It
seems that most people are ready to say,oh I'm shy, I can't talk to a
peer.Did you ever think that there are some peers that feel the same
way?

We put our shoes and socks on the same way most everyone else
does.We're nothing special,except we have the hats and the titles.
I know I'm going to get flamed about this,but I can say this about
myself.

I have been a  Viscountess since 1977, a Countess since 1978 and a
Pelican since 1984 and I've never thought of myself as better than
anyone.For anyone who says that I hang out with peers,hell, I
elevated a lot of them in Meridies when I was on the throne!!They are
long time friends.

Most people who do know me have met me on a Friday nite,didn't know
who I was since I don't wear my coronet or medallions that night.Some
of the best friends I have I've met that way.I've also gone to events
and heard some awful things about 'that bitch Kassandra' from people
who didn't even know me. This past Gulf Wars I finally lost my
temper,grabbed the guy saying  that after he found out who I was and made
him repeat it to the other party he included in his story.That other
person was Duke Sir John the Bearkiller, known to many of you.He was I
hope able to straighten this guy out,but I still expect to run into
this type of situation again in the future.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is both sides to this fence,
yes, there are some peers I feel I can't approach at times, but the
moment will sooner or later arise,just takes patenice. I've rarely
meet a peer that was so unapproachable you needed a embossed
invitation. Find out their interests if you really want to talk to
them,if you want to met them,get a friend to help you. I've been asked
to do just that and I don't mind at all. Heck, get me in a good mood and a
good drink and I'll approach anyone!

If anyone takes offense at this,sorry,but it's something I had to get
off my chest.

Countess Kassandra NickKraken,Pel
1st Queen of Meridies
Baroness Bunny Babe