Why do some treat heralds so badly

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 13 06:03:07 PST 1996

> I've been thinking about this for a bit now, and I really want to
> know why people are so rude to the heralds crying the camps at any
> time of the day, when they are doing the job they were asked to do?

Cause we have to grump at someone.

Actually most of what I've seen is chidding and what not, usually both
directions.

> I've seen people actually throw things at a herald doing his job one
> morning; poor kid was probably scared off.

Usually this is all in good fun, unless there is a serious hangover.
In which case it wouldn't matter if they were totally naked, we'd still
throw things at them to shut them up. *grin*

(In a completely off the wall mood.)

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"