Whining and complaining

Keith Ewing keandbc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 15 20:55:05 PST 1996

>Huh? Did I get that right? Did you say you wear medieval clothing to
>your populace meetings? Or were you really speaking about events?
>
>I guess it's time for an intra-kingdom anthropology question. Do other
>people/groups wear medieval clothing (garb) to local group meetings?
>
>It is certainly uncommon here in Bryn Gwlad (Austin). Now that fighter
>practice is only on tuesday nights, people don't even dress up for
>fighter practice anymore.
>
>Stefan li Rous
>markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Hi Stefan,

You are showing that you have never played anywhere but Bryn Gwlad. It
has been my experience that we are the exception, not the rule. Most
places wear garb for populace meetings.
When I lived in the East, in a barony called Settmour Swamp, they had a
really cool way of doing their populce meetings. They would pick a
weekend that their was nothing close on the kingdom calendar and they
would hold a "Swamp Stomp". People would how up at someone's large
house at about 11 or noon on Saturday. There would be a fighter
practice, archery practice and general social gathering all afternoon.
As evening approached, people would begin to set up a pot luck dinner
that everyone had brought. While the populace was eating. The officers
of the barony would hold an officers meeting in a private place. After
dinner the officers would rejoin the populace and they would have a
populace meeting lasting two to three hours. After the business was
done, people would stay and party. Sometimes till dawn. It was a lot of
fun. People from neighboring baronies started coming to them. I
remember one that had 125 people at it, despite knee deep snow. The
house was large enough for everone to fit inside(barely). We held
fighter practice in the snow. It was great.

Later.

Kein MacEwan
mka Keith Ewing