Wearing of med. clothes was Re: Whining and complaining

C11Hartel at aol.com C11Hartel at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 19:47:37 PST 1996

>>I guess it's time for an intra-kingdom anthropology question. Do other
>>people/groups wear medieval clothing (garb) to local group meetings?

Here in Tempio we ask that all wear garb to populace.  Many do, some do not.
 It is really up to the individual.  Someone told me years ago that there was
a clause in the Capora (sp) that if you were acting in an "official" capacity
by representing the Society that you WERE TO BE IN GARB.  I do not know if
this is true but I strive to be in garb if I am in public in an "official"
capacity.  It is one way of educating the general public as to what we do.

Since almost all of our guilds are at private residences we normally do not
wear garb. It seems silly to sit around a table painting Kingdom Charters in
garb, likewise for wearing garb when researching or doing heraldry.

As for fighter practices, once again "in the public eye", most of us wear
garb.  It makes people stop and ask questions and it has even helped draw in
a few new members.

What's the rest of the kingdom do?

Moriel^^^