Titles

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 11 10:36:51 PST 1996

> > Yes, but knowing someone is a Laurel means more than calling them
> > Master/Mistress, IMO. The honorific is more of a form of personal
> > glorification.
> You seem to assume, P.U.G., that the title does nothing but give warm
> fuzzies to the people who hold them.

Not just for the people who hold them, but the people who use them as
well. It gives a nice place of station in the big scheme of things.
Which I won't argue is a bad thing, I just prefer a situation of more
closeness of station.

> I wonder if formality could
> have a positive effect on the people who see and hear it and on the Society
> as a whole.

I prefer everyone to be comfortable and close than distant and stuff. At
least that is how I view it.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"