Titles

Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik susanhk at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 13 16:51:58 PST 1996

Mary Temple wrote:
>No, Pug didn't say it. You were talking about people saying titles were
>out-dated. I was making a sarcastic/humorous comment about them being more
>appropriate in the time period the SCA covers. (remember the ":)" at the
>end? That's supposed to be a sign of a joke/humor.) So sorry you didn't see
>the humor in it. What I said was NOT incorrect...I never said they didn't
>matter after 1600.

Good heavens... no offense was meant by that; it was merely an observation.
Smileys can express everything from sarcasm to humor to the tempering of
what might be read as an otherwise harsh statement - seeing a smiley after
a statement does not always flag me to accept the statement as the opposite
of what the writer really thinks.

And, since it seems to be something that matters so very much to you, yes,
what you said was NOT incorrect.  :)

Interpret the smiley as you wish.

Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik                            susanhk at mail.utexas.edu
 "Art demands of us that we shall not stand still." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven