What is "authentic"?(Was :Awards for things)

C11Hartel at aol.com C11Hartel at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 17:50:59 PST 1996

>Mistress Adelicia Gilwell has received a Sable Thistle for Research. I don't
>know of any others,

Lord Dmitri Sviatoslav Varulovich Polynov from the Shire of Tempio has
received a Sable Thistle for "Name Research".  I know there are several
others who have received Thistles for other types of Research.

 but the original Lion of Ansteorra, Orm Skjolbidig, earned it by being the
most authentic Norseman I had (and still have) ever seen.

Not trying to be disrespectful but what counts as "authentic" when it comes
to personnas?  For the earlie period personnas the main accounts we have of
people were either those who were very terrible people or very good people.
 How do we know what the "average" Norseman or Celt or Mongol behaved like on
a daily basis.  I tend to feel that the Lions are the epitomy (zenith) of
personna, not so much authenticity.

Just my 2 cents...

Moriel^^^