Coronation Question

Leslie Miller miller at pp.okstate.edu
Thu Jul 18 08:50:33 PDT 1996

> Does anyone have a schedule of events for this weekend, as in what times
> things are planned for.  My Blackstar has gone walkabout so I can't check
> it, and the wife would like to be kept apprised of these things.

Saturday:

9:00am   Mikael's champion tourney
12 noon  Galen and Rebekah's closing court
-        Mikael and Mikaela's coronation
5:30pm   Great Hall and Beer Tavern close to set up for feast
6:30     Hall reopens
7:00     Feast

After Feast- Court dancing in Great Hall

Sunday:

9:00am  Meeting of Great Officers
Site closes 4pm

Peerage/Other Circles to be announced throughout the weekend.

Other items of note:

The Motel 6 in Muskogee is supposedly full.

The 300 available feasts are already reserved and the waiting list
is quite long. (I'm sorry we are only able to do 300, but that is the
max capacity for tables and chairs in the Castle Hall at this time)

There are only about 300 chairs in the Castle, so you should probably
bring something to sit on in case these are all being used.

Bring your banners... we can hang them in the Hall to our heart's
content.

There will be at least one tavern on site operating during feast.

The site is completely handicap accessable.

No smoking in the castle.

There are only two outside water spigots, neither of which is
especially convenient to the camping areas.

There will be no parking on the grass except in parking areas.  This
means unloading of stuff, then moving cars to parking areas.
Unfortunately, we can allow no exceptions to this, unless approved by
the autocrats or castle staff. (It's actually in our contract)

Due to some pretty strange circumstances, we may have an unknown
number of curious mundanes show up to the event.  Because of this,
we are trying to man a hospitaler's pavilion to provide loaner
garb and information about the SCA.  People not in garb will
eventually be asked to leave, but we want to be polite about it.
If you'd like to help man the pavilion (and we do have mundanes show
up), I would be extremely grateful if you contacted me.

In service,
Gunhilda
miller at pp.okstate.edu
co-autocrat