Steppes Artisan

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Fri Jul 26 07:35:33 PDT 1996

>To all musicians:
>
>I was fondly remembering the pleasant afternoon spent playing music at Knowne
>World A&S and wondering if it might be likely that a pick-up group could
>materialize at Steppes Artisan.  Also, the event announcement mentions
>dancing after the feast.  Does anyone know if they are planning to use live
>musicians?

Greetings!!
        Ask and you shall recieve!!! I know that several of the musicians
from Elfsea (HL Stella, HL Eowyn, Lady Allisandre, Lady Emher, and myself)
are planning on attending the event and playing for the dancers, especially
if the dancing does not start too terribly late. Hopefully, there will be
more musicians there as well, from all over the kingdom.

Indeed, that was an incredible afternoon spent with our musically inclined
friends.  It is so rare that we are able to play together uninterrupted by
heralds, courts, fighters, rain, heat, and autocrats trying to close the hall.

Many people have spoken with me about enjoying live music at events and how
much it adds to the ambiance.  If only more autocrats would ask for
musicians ahead of the event, and make arrangements for their seating (not
to mention time on the event's schedule), perhaps there would be more music
at events.

(An unpaid, non-political announcement)

As always..
        In Service to the Society,