Legal Memorandum - IT SURE IS NICE TO BE VINDICATED!

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Fri Jul 26 17:57:02 PDT 1996

> THANK YOU!  I just wanted to express my gratitude for your distributing that
> wonderful (but rather verbose) legal treatise on how and why the SCA is, and
> will safely remain, a tax-exempt educational organization.  After so many
> paranoid nay-sayers bashing the Society it is certainly a refreshing change
> to have in hand such an eloquent vindication of our efforts.  I would also
> like to state my many thanks to those fine tax lawyers who so generously
> donated their time, experience, and efforts.
  ^^^^^^^
Uh, not to rain on your parade, but as was stated in the article
itself, this legal opinion WAS NOT donated and in fact was
rather ecxpensive. Still, I think it was necessary and I agree
that it is good to KNOW.

I think these legal dollars were MUCH better spent than those
we spent trying to keep payed...uh...members?
participants?...from seeing our books.

HL Savein