stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Sun Jul 28 02:08:43 PDT 1996

Kief here again...*grin* There are good "politics" and bad "politics". The
"Good" kind enhances the "citizens/people" the "Bad" kind degrades, discourages
frustrates and, at times, hurts folk. The fact that their was so much speculation
 on this forum about the situation tends to support the above definations. 'Tis
also possible that the decisions made _were not_ the best solutions possible.
The truth needs not to be embarassing...just to be said. The outgoing Kingdom
Seneschal, Maire, has done duty to this Kingdom _far_ beyond the ordinary. Yes,
the populace does need to be involved in this. Without information how can the
"common folk" have a reasonable, factual based opinion? Not everyone has "connections",
or a network of people that pass out information wholesale. Perhaps a good
solution would have been to, since the cat was way out of the bag, write a
letter and post it here, describing exactly what had happened, and why. At that
point there would have been no speculation or rumors. Openness is a _wonderful_
thing...it lets in light and air. Rumors, like mold, cannot grow in that atmosphere.
Now, I'm not saying that there was a delibrate effort to conceal anything from
us... I do believe that this whole thing was an episode of "crossed-wires",
delays, misplaced letters, lag time due to paperwork snafus...etc. However,
this still doesn't change the fact that we need to be open and above board
in all of our dealing, in the real world, as well as in the Society. I respect
your opinion Kathri, I just don't necessarily agree with it. (Quite unlike most
of the time when Kathri and I agree on a lot of things...)

In respect and for love of Kingdom and Society...

Sir Kief   "Better the Hammer than the nail..."