Ansteorran Rules Website Overhaul

Chris Walden cmwalden at bga.com
Wed Jul 31 09:58:23 PDT 1996

> From:          stddly at SHSU.edu
> Lorraine here...
> Since the Participants Handbook is part of Ansteorran Law did you
> ask Barn, Maire and the Crown their opinion before putting it on the
> net?

I assume that this is more of a conversation provoker than anything
else.  Are you suggesting that one must have specific permission from
the crown to spread our rules around?  Is our goal to make sure
everyone has this information, or that only those who demonstrate
they are truly serious by sending off for it?

I think the blurb that PUG pointed out is sufficient.  It clearly
states that the document may be reproduced in it's entirety for
informational purposes.  Otto and Mordaut went to some significant
effort to provide this information.  What was their motivation?  They
wanted to provide a single resource for people to be able to QUICKLY
get hold of the correct info.  The purpose is to spread the official
rules as far and wide as possible and cut down on the excuse that the
rules aren't available or that it's hard to keep up with the changes.

Also, people of other Kingdoms can now easily see our rules, if only
for the sake of curiosity.  This will improve  consistency and
understanding about what we do.  I've seen MANY converstations that
were heated debates, stemming only from the fact that people didn't
know the rules.

If our rules are meant to be followed, then we need to make them
available, for free, for everyone who cares.  If there is another
purpose here...well, I couldn't speak to that.

Antoine Sebastien Dore
Alden's