Ansteorran Rules Website Overhaul

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Wed Jul 31 15:47:40 PDT 1996

Greetings from HL Zahra Zena,
In reponse to the messages from Lorraine, Kein and Keif

>I HATE censorship, but, there are things that we do not need to put
>in such an open forum as the internet. We need to think what kind of
>repurcussions some of the information will have on people's lives.

After these last two weeks, I think it is a good time to reflect on what we
put out on the net and the W.W.W.
We have entered into a paradox here, where we want open information and wish
to put it out into the public, and yet we must stop and think about the
people that will be effected.
When I became a Kingdom Officer, I understood that my name, phone number,
etc. would be published in a newsletter and that it would be put out on the
web.  This is the vulnerability that occurs when you become an officer and
public representative of a group. Any nut can call you. And they do.

Perhaps we should refrain from putting too much information out on the
internet about events.  A calender of events is good, and a list of officers
who can be contacted for the individual groups is good.  A complete event
announcement with a map, etc. may be too much information.

We are being forced, as an internet community, to develop ethics of
behavior, beyond those imposed upon us by exterior forces.  This is a good
thing.

My two bezants worth...

ZZT