Estrella War XIII

Sharon Colvin oriana at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 11 13:02:33 PST 1996

Greetings one and all.  This posting is on behalf of Baron Giles Hill of
Sweetwater.

Finn said:
>Dont pack up just yet.  Word is the Aten stepped on a few too many toes
>and now Caid and Outlands are boycotting this years war and are having
>their own with the West somewhere in California.
and Sir Burke replied
> I think you will find that TRM Outlands are still going to the War, only
> Caid has pulled out.  At least as of last Friday if postings on the
> realto are correct.

Baron Giles responds:

One correction, if I may:  Caid is not "boycotting" Estrella... we have
simply decided not to participate in that Atenveldt event anymore.  Caid is
hosting the first Great Western War February 11-17 in Chino, California.  It
is our hope that this will become a truly 'interkingdom' event, with
substantive input from all participants on battle scenarios, A&S
competitions, and so on.  (BTW, Caid is not keeping any profits* from this
event;  they'll be split among the home kingdoms of the attendees.)  For more
information, schedules, and site pictures, you can check our web page

http://www.artnet.net/~cphillips/GWWHome.html

or email me for more information.

Giles Hill of Sweetwater
(late of Bonwicke)
Gileshill at aol.com

and btw:  the Rialto postings are indeed correct;  TRM Torin and Elisheva of
the Outlands have decided to return to Atenveldt for the upcoming Estrella.

*"profits" for this message may be understood as 'the money left over after
expenses, loans, seed money and roi are removed from the gross reciepts.'
For a more semanticly rigourous definition, please contact the Seneshal of
Caid, Sir David Morgan, 71011.1060 at compuserve.com.