No Merchanting at Estrella? (fwd)

DEIDRA L GOUGH cat_eyes at juno.com
Tue Nov 12 18:34:24 PST 1996

To all with an interest in Estrella War,

The talk of the merchants boycotting Estrella because sales might be down
due to Caid backing out of the war is silly. Where else is there going to
be an event that size that weekend?  Caid??  Sure, a new  event on the
same weekend as a large, well established event in a more central
location to all involved.. I see it happening. Someday. NOT this year!

Caid does not bring in enough people to make a dent in attendance-- and
even if they are not there, we might be able to have fun without them. I
can't think of the last time I conciously  party'd with anyone from Caid,
and (shock & amaze) I still had fun!!! Although I'd love to see them
there, they are not why I go. Personally, it's to shop. And I'd put good
money on it that there are thousands of other non-fighter types that feel
the same way.

If the merchants don't make quite the money they are used to, don't blame
it on Caid, or for that matter the Baseball field. Did you know that
Estrella has a web page?? I don't know yet where it is at, but I intend
to find it and voice my opinion. Instead of grousing, maybe other people
should try this.

I noticed last year people were camped in the baseball field. I thought
they were insane, but other groups like to be away from  the main areas
as well. Room can be found for the merchants near by.  Put the royals in
the baseball field. Put the list field in the baseball field. I don't
care. The whole thing is... Silly.

Lady Deirdre the Easily Distracted
Estrella's staunchest supporter
I love Estrella. I swear by Estrella