Names of Swords

Deborah Sweet dssweet at Okway.okstate.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:11:55 PST 1996

GUNNORA wrote:

>Some of the famous weapons of the Viking world were:

>Leggbitr (Leg-biter)

>I'm sure that somewhere I have the names of the people who owned these
>famous weapons, but at this moment all I can find is their names (from my
>very old T.I. article, "A Sword Age").  If I turn up the owners, I'll let
>you know.

Leggbitr, once property of Gunhilda, now resides at the bottom of
Boomer Lake.....fighter practices in the future will probably be well
attended as everyone waits for the lady of the lake to return the
sword....will that make the fighter the king/queen????

The start of a legend????

Estrill