Marches of Precedence/BB20t

Peter Crandall Polk pcrandal at flash.net
Thu Nov 7 18:11:32 PST 1996

Mark Harris wrote:

> Kateryn asks:
>
> >I don't get out much, so please pardon this question, but do Marches of
> >Precedence really happen?  When is this likely to occur?
>

> Frankly, I hope it is another ten years before it is attempted again.

Maybe, we could take these and other suggestions to make one work
better.

>While you could hear the herald,

Thank you for this. I was not sure at first that I could carry it well.

> Why not list just
> the top 5 or 10 awards?
> On the positive side, the organisers had the marchers fill out file cards
> with their awards so that they could start organising early in the event
> and not have to wait until the March to figure out where everyone fit.

We not only asked that they keep it brief but I was getting cards until
one minute before I started.
We announced what was written, and in some cases shortened it. e.g. Sir
Iehskah need not have it annouced that he is a Knight of the Society.

Crandall